This item is available for pre-order only. The availability date is approximately 10/24/2020.
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. Available in English or Spanish.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Provider Manual contains all of the information students to know to successfully complete the BLS Course The BLS Provider Manual is designed for use by a single user and as a student reference tool pre- and post-course.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.